This mango black bean salad is a delicious and refreshing side to add to any Southwest or Mexican themed meal. The sweet and juicy mangoes paired with the lime and cilantro add a burst of flavor to the black beans and corn. I also add peppers, red onions, and tomatoes to complete the dish and this is quite filling. Top it off with tortilla strips and enjoy with your favorite fish or chicken, or serve it up along with tacos or fajitas!
Add all the ingredients over a bed of greens. I like to use the spring greens mix. Use whatever you prefer. For the corn, the absolutel BEST way to do it, is to roast the corn on the grill or over a flame. Then slice the kernels off the cob. YUM! I can devour a whole bowl of this salad in one sitting. It is very filling!
The easy dressing of lime, cumin, cayenne pepper and avocado oil couldn’t get any easier. I love eating this salad along side my mahi mahi.
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1-2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 c diced poblano pepper
- 1/2 c sliced red bell pepper
- 1 c cooked and drained black beans
- 1/2 c diced red onion
- 1 c sweet corn
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/2 c lime juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp hot chili pepper or cayenne pepper
- 8 oz of lettuce, field greens, or spinach
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together.
- For extra flavor, roast corn on the cob on the barbecue or over a flame. Slice the corn kernels off the cob and add to the salad. This is my preferred method of preparing corn, which I do in the summer over a grill.
- Enjoy as a main dish, with burgers, chicken, fish, tacos, fajitas, or anything else!
- For variation try adding avocado, or tortilla strips on top.